GLCM Crusaders Youth Camp has held ten summer camps successfully and has empowered youths to reach their full potential. Activities held, empowers the youth population to become song writers, develop business projects that foster entrepreneurship, develop sewing skills and MUCH more! Group topic discussions, individual and supportive counseling have all taught these youth how to make better and wiser decisions throughout the year. When the camp first started it had only 20 participants and has grown drastically over the years.
We have heard many testimonials from parents that their son or daughter came back home and was more respectful, responsible and have a character transformation. In some cases, the parent-child relationship was restored. Crusader’s Youth Camp program opens its doors to youth of all walks of life and background regardless of national origin, gender, political affiliation, religious beliefs, race, color, disability or socioeconomic status.
Camp 2017 Details:
Camp Dates: July 22nd to August 5th
Camp Cost: $600 per child
Registration Deadline: June 2017
Payment Plan: TBA
Camp Location: His Thousand Hills Christian Camp and Retreat Center, Wellsboro, PA
Below are some guidelines to help you prepare for the upcoming Crusaders Youth Camp:
This year, the campers will be required to wear a uniform T-shirt every weekday of camp. The T-shirts will be provided to each camper at the time of check in. Each camper will receive 5 T-shirts with instructions on which shirts are to be worn which day. Keeping this in mind, please encourage your child to pack light to avoid unnecessary clothing items that will not be used during the camp period.
- A photocopy of the campers health insurance card needs to be presented on the day of departure!
- All clothing should be labeled with your child’s name
- Light clothing (please pack light)
- Light sweater or jacket in case of drop in temperature
- 1 Luggage per child – labeled & secured
- Sneakers & Sandals
- Swim Suits (No bikinis, 2 piece suits or suits with cut outs for girls)
- Sufficient underwear
- Please put toiletries in clear zip-lock bags with your child’s name on it
- Shower cap for girls
- Bath Robe
- Bathroom Slippers (Flip Flops)
- One set of twin sheets (extra long sheets)***
- Please feel free to give your child spending money at your discretion; their counselors will take on the responsibility of safe keeping any money you give to your child.
- For girls, please make sure that their hair is fixed in a manageable way that will hold up for different sorts of activities.
***Because the camp will take place on a university campus, we will be sleeping in the campus dormitories which do not come equipped with bed sets, pillows or blankets. Each child is being asked to pack their own twin bed sheet set, small pillow & light blanket or throw. Please ensure that your child’s name is label on their bedding and is packed in their luggage prior to arriving at checking on the departure date.